Duplicate Calendar Events on Specific Days of the Week

Jump to solution
michael1439273
Community Participant

When creating events on my calendar, I noticed that it would be easier to duplicate certain events so that they are listed only on certain days of the week. However, I'm not sure if that's entirely possible...

Here is a real example that you can use possibly when answering as a point of reference: I would like to have an event called 'U8L11.ppt,U8L11 Recording,U8L12 Class.pptx Review' duplicated on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. This would be similar to how Google Calendar can duplicate events on certain days only. Is there an option on the Canvas Calendar that allows for this? 

(This question has been edited.)

Thanks for helping, 

Michael A. 

GCA Student 

1 Solution
michael1439273
Community Participant
Author

It seems as though I've answered my own question... 

I created a 'Test Event' and messed with the settings and it seems like I have to create an individual event for the days that I want. For example, since I only want the event entitled 'U8L11.ppt,U8L11 Recording,U8L12 Class.pptx Review' duplicated on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I will have to individually create 1 event called 'U8L11.ppt,U8L11 Recording,U8L12 Class.pptx Review' on Monday. And a second event called 'U8L11.ppt,U8L11 Recording,U8L12 Class.pptx Review' on Wednesday and so on. There is no way, unless I am mistaken, to create 1 event that shows the event only on certain days, like Google Calendar (As shown in the snips below). As you can see, in Google Calendar, I can create a "Custom recurrence" that "Repeats on" Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and ends after 4 occurrences. 

345480_pastedImage_4.png345488_pastedImage_6.png

The reason for doing this is to make my life easier... (in the long run, that is) I thought, "If there is a way to create events for my testing next week as reminders to keep me on track without having to do much work setting up events one at a time, I'm in! But, the calendar has to be able to create events that are only on specific days, because my tests are only on specific days." (I know I'm weird for talking to myself like that...but hey it gets the job done)

Thanks for helping, 

Michael Arocho 

GCA Student

View solution in original post

0 Likes