The ability to create a new community profile is temporarily unavailable. We're on it!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaraClayton
Community Member

Duplicated Outcomes - No Edit/Delete option

I accidentally imported an assignment with a rubric associated with it and now I have duplicated outcomes that I cannot edit or delete. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @KaraClayton ...

Where are you trying to edit the Outcomes that are in your rubric?  Are you trying to edit/delete them directly in the rubric?  If so, try editing/deleting them via the "Outcomes" screen.  If you still cannot edit/delete them, then it may be possible that the Outcomes can only be edited at the Canvas account level ... in which case you might need to get your school's local Canvas administrator involved.

kregier
Community Participant

I have the same problem and via Canvas chat was told there is not way to delete them. This seems like a pretty big oversight by Canvas. They were my outcomes from another class but when I copied the class for the next semester they came in and are now not editable. I was also told there is no way to hide them except to hide the entire navigation outcomes menu bar. 

kregier
Community Participant

Actually, I just discovered that if you delete the rubric that has the outcomes you want to delete in it, then you can delete the outcomes. 

nwilson7
Community Champion

@kregier I was double checking when you posted you found a solution but yes, you can delete them as long as you have not used them to access anyone by removing them from any Canvas artifact that is connected to them.  As soon as a student is evaluated though, they become locked and can't be deleted (even if you remove them from the rubric as it stays still connected to the student in the outcomes report).

-Nick

kregier
Community Participant

Hi Nick, I thought I had the solution because it worked in one class but now I am working in another canvas shell for my fall class and it is not working. I deleted all the course rubrics but I still can't delete the outcomes. Where else could the outcomes be used that would prevent me from deleting them? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

nwilson7
Community Champion

@kregier I can think of a few things.  Outcomes can be added to other artifacts as well.  If you click on the Outcome from the Outcomes menu that you want to delete.  When it opens (and you still don't see the "delete" button) click on its name from that screen as well.  I will admit, it is not obvious that you can click on it from there.  This will open a screen that will tell you everywhere it is linked.  It will also tell you if someone has been evaluated on that outcome which will block the ability to delete it.

-Nick

kregier
Community Participant

Secret move! I definitely would not have known you could click that title. But, it says there are no artifacts or aligned items connected to the outcome but it still won't let me delete.