cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candie
Community Participant

Easiest way to video a lesson and upload to Canvas.

Due to the COVID-19, the school I work at is going online for a couple of weeks. I would like to know the easiest way to record lessons and upload them to canvas.

5 Replies
djackson
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @candie ‌,

Thank you for submitting your question! I would suggest using Canvas Conferences to create and share lessons with your students. Canvas Conferences will allow you to have live conferencing with your students, as well as share recorded conferences with them. Here is a resource page that will help you as you navigate how to set up conferences and share them with your students: Web Conferencing Resources

Hope this helps!

Best,

Danielle

marion_sadoux
Community Member

Hello,

The conference resources might no be available beyond 14 days depending on how your nstitution has subscribed.

I use screencastomatic.com to record my screen (PPT or other) and add a narration, then i upload my video to their server and take the embed code to have the video directly  embeded in a Canvas page or module.  It is very easy to use and you can also add your self with the webcam.  I use this to record instructional videos but also to give students personal feedback on their work.  it is more versatile.

Hope this helps and good luck.

candie
Community Participant

Thank you for your help, and appreciate your quick response. I will suggest this as a possible solution.

Sent from my iPad

candie
Community Participant

Thank you for your quick response. I will suggest this as an option.

Candie

Sent from my iPad

Johnc3
Community Member

Hi

If you have a web conferencing license such as Zoom or Webex, you could record using a web conferencing tool and then upload the video to Canvas. Or else you could sign up for a free account if you are ok with a 40min-50min time limit.

Best

John

CirQlive web conferencing integration solutions for LMSs