Degraded AWS performance is currently impacting some Canvas users in the North American region. Check Canvas Status for updates.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cduke
Community Participant

Easily duplicate announcements to all courses.

Jump to solution

Is it possible to add an announcement to all your courses at once?  Not different sections of the same course, but different courses.  I have seven different courses and want to tell them all about campus happenings.  

Also, when I create an announcement about an event, how can I get that onto the course calendar?  Right now I add the announcement and then go back and add a calendar event.  Is there a way to link these?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi -

Right now, there is not a way to post a single announcement to multiple courses. I use copy/paste, and it saves a little bit of time at least! There is a Feature Idea in Canvas Studio‌ open for voting that I think you'd be interested in. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2703-common-announcement-to-all-my-classes would help you! Please vote and comment!! Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, there is not a way to make an event automatically populate on the course calendar from an announcement. You could make an ungraded assignment and add a date. That item would then also be on your course calendar. From the announcement, you could link to that assignment using the Content Selector in the Rich Content Editor. However, that workflow wouldn't work with the copy/paste method between courses...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi -

Right now, there is not a way to post a single announcement to multiple courses. I use copy/paste, and it saves a little bit of time at least! There is a Feature Idea in Canvas Studio‌ open for voting that I think you'd be interested in. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2703-common-announcement-to-all-my-classes would help you! Please vote and comment!! Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, there is not a way to make an event automatically populate on the course calendar from an announcement. You could make an ungraded assignment and add a date. That item would then also be on your course calendar. From the announcement, you could link to that assignment using the Content Selector in the Rich Content Editor. However, that workflow wouldn't work with the copy/paste method between courses...

View solution in original post