cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
champlid
Community Member

Editing Announcements

Jump to solution

Is there a way to change the order of Announcements?  I teach the same online course every term, and I simply update the dates and other information in the announcements.  But, the order of the announcements cannot be changed. And, the order of the announcements is not alphabetical, nor is it in order of date posted.  Apparently, it is in the order that it was first created.  This is not relevant in any course that will be taught more than one term, and the announcements retained.  The simplest solution would be to allow the user to move them as was done in Blackboard.  That way, I could put them in an order that makes sense to me as well as to my students.  Can that be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@champlid ​, unfortunately there isn't a way to reorder announcements. Yet, there is a feature idea that is currently open for voting that would allow them to be sorted by publication date - . My recommendation is to vote on this idea and comment on why it would be so helpful!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@champlid ​, unfortunately there isn't a way to reorder announcements. Yet, there is a feature idea that is currently open for voting that would allow them to be sorted by publication date - . My recommendation is to vote on this idea and comment on why it would be so helpful!

View solution in original post

cscalisi
Community Member

I have similar concerns / needs with the posting of announcements. 

I repeat announcement and at different times in the semester, I would like to reemphasizes an announcements, by changing it's order.

Currently, the only thing I could do would be to create (copy) the announcement again, but that is a problem as it clutters the list.

marek-suchocki
Community Participant

Kona,

Same problem. It's kind of "annoying".

Marek