cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvalenti
Community Member

Editing Assignments

Jump to solution

If I edit an assignment - I get the message "This tool needs to be loaded in a new browser window" - do I need to do that every time I I make an edit? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @pvalenti ...

Getting a message like that isn't normal for editing an Assignment in Canvas.  By chance, are you using an external LTI tool/app (for example: Turnitin) that is connected to your assignment?  If so, that's the only thing I can think of that would ask you about opening a LTI in a new window.  You should be able to specify for the given assignment whether or not you would want the app to open in a new window or not.  Sometimes, that's a personal preference, but sometimes the designers of the app highly suggest or even require that the LTI opens in a new window (example: Turnitin can be done either way).  If you could maybe provide some additional clarification on this, then we might be able to help you further.  Thanks Priscilla.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @pvalenti ...

Getting a message like that isn't normal for editing an Assignment in Canvas.  By chance, are you using an external LTI tool/app (for example: Turnitin) that is connected to your assignment?  If so, that's the only thing I can think of that would ask you about opening a LTI in a new window.  You should be able to specify for the given assignment whether or not you would want the app to open in a new window or not.  Sometimes, that's a personal preference, but sometimes the designers of the app highly suggest or even require that the LTI opens in a new window (example: Turnitin can be done either way).  If you could maybe provide some additional clarification on this, then we might be able to help you further.  Thanks Priscilla.

View solution in original post

pvalenti
Community Member

Thank you – yes we are using external links. I admit we are quite new to the system so I am not even sure if I can explain it ☺. We are using Canvas via Evolve Elsevier.

pvalenti
Community Member

I am on my way out-of-town until Tuesday but I will check back in then. Thanks so much.