cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlpucc
Community Member

Editing Rubrics

I imported rubrics from Bb. The text shows up, but each category is rated the same number. When I click the edit link, I can access the value and change it,. I select save and update, but the value remains the same. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dlpucc , greetings! We came over from Angel and never experienced anything like this. Unless a previous Bb user responds with an explanation, I'd go ahead and put in a Canvas help ticket. To do this click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. Hopefully, support will be able to help get this sorted out!

Kona

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @dlpucc ...

I agree with  @kona ‌ about contacting the Canvas Help Desk folks.  To confirm, though, when you are trying to edit the point values in a rubric, you are:

1. Clicking on the pencil icon to edit a point value in a rubric row.
  2. Clicking the "Update Rating" button after entering the point value.
  3. Repeating Step #2 for each of the other ratings in the row you want to change.
  4. Clicking the "Update Rubric" button to save the changes to the entire rubric.

The values for any given row in a rubric need to be from largest to smallest...starting from the left ... as illustrated in the screen shots in this Guide: How do I add a rubric to an assignment?.

I hope this extra bit of information will help.  Please do let us know what you hear back from the Canvas Help Desk folks...thanks!