cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkagy
Community Member

Editing/deleting the course summary

Jump to solution

How do I get rid of the list of items from past semesters on the course summary page, under the Syllabus heading?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tkagy  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

The items in the Course Summary are generated automatically based on the due dates for graded content (assignments, quizzes and Discussions) posted in the classroom. You edit that list by editing that content - adjust the dues dates for those items.

• If you use Modules (and you should) you simply edit the dues dates for the graded items in the Modules, otherwise
  • Go to the Assignments index and do it from there.

These guides will help.............

Update the content, and you have updated the Summary.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tkagy  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

The items in the Course Summary are generated automatically based on the due dates for graded content (assignments, quizzes and Discussions) posted in the classroom. You edit that list by editing that content - adjust the dues dates for those items.

• If you use Modules (and you should) you simply edit the dues dates for the graded items in the Modules, otherwise
  • Go to the Assignments index and do it from there.

These guides will help.............

Update the content, and you have updated the Summary.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

myerdon01
Community Champion

I have another instructor with this same issue and she does not have duplicate assignments, and in her course summary are calendar events that are not truly linked to her calendar in her current course. I confirmed this using Student View and with a student account. These items seem to be hung from a previous course or course copy. I have put in a support ticket.

tkagy
Community Member

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tamara Kagy, M.M.

Instructor of Flute & Humanities

NORFA Flute Choir Director

tkagy@terra.edu

Business, Humanities and Industrial Technologies Division

Terra State Community College

2830 Napoleon Rd.

Fremont, Oh 43420

myerdon01
Community Champion

Here is what I got from Canvas Support:

I see that there are assignments and calendar events on the Course Summary. If the instructor would like to remove those undated items, they will click on Calendar, once in the Calendar they will scroll down and on the right side they will see 'Undated', click 'Undated' and this will show a dropdown menu, then they can click on the item and it will give an option to edit or delete. Here is a screencast that shows this process: https://cl.ly/b648681d5374.