Editing in Speedgrader

Jump to solution
cdcooksley
Community Novice

Last semester I was able to edit and comment in the student's work.  This year I cannot. Why is that? I checked settings and did not see anything to expand the menu to show the edit features. Please tell me how to do that. thanks

Catherine Cooksley, DrPH, CPH 

Instructor

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @cdcooksley  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Absolutely nothing has changed in SpeedGrader in the past few months--at least, nothing that should have affected your editing/annotating abilities, which (for the record) are covered in this online lesson: How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? Also, be aware that text box-type of assignments (text entry) will not offer the annotation tool, as that guide points out.

Things are always changing in the browser world, also, so make certain that you have updated your browsers and also check a few security settings, which are both covered here: Which browsers does Canvas support?  Try changing to another browser, which will sometimes work, for whatever reason.  (Though be sure to circle back and see what happened in the first one to cause it to stop working in Canvas.) Also, since you used Canvas last semester, it's never a bad a idea to clear the browser cache from time to time. Take a look here: How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? or here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10708-67952720330 depending on what type of computer you are using.

Hope this helps a bit, Catherine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes