cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amythomas1
Community Participant

Edulastic and Canvas

Jump to solution

How do you integrate Edulastic with Canvas? Edulastic states there is a teacher single sign-on that allows an Edulastic link to be placed inside Canvas. Would this just be a redirect tool? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbennett2
Community Champion

I played with this a little bit today. "Integrates with" is such a fluffy term, it's hard to know what people mean or what they're really looking for. Here's my assessment:

• Scores from assignments will not pass back, so don't try to head that way.
  • You can embed an Edulastic assignment using an iframe tag, but Canvas cuts the width off so the students can't actually submit.
  • You cannot automatically create user accounts. You would either need to forward students to app.edulastic.com/login#register and enter a class code or the teacher would need to create the course roster through the account dashboard.
  • The Redirect Tool would allow you to add a link to your course navigation and it solves the submit problem above. You still need to create a separate assignment for students to submit in order to score their work in Canvas.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
bbennett2
Community Champion

I played with this a little bit today. "Integrates with" is such a fluffy term, it's hard to know what people mean or what they're really looking for. Here's my assessment:

• Scores from assignments will not pass back, so don't try to head that way.
  • You can embed an Edulastic assignment using an iframe tag, but Canvas cuts the width off so the students can't actually submit.
  • You cannot automatically create user accounts. You would either need to forward students to app.edulastic.com/login#register and enter a class code or the teacher would need to create the course roster through the account dashboard.
  • The Redirect Tool would allow you to add a link to your course navigation and it solves the submit problem above. You still need to create a separate assignment for students to submit in order to score their work in Canvas.

View solution in original post

pecchiog
Community Participant

Hello. I believe Edulastic has told me that now these issues are solved and that grades to passback from Edulastic assessments to Canvas. My issue is with how to add the LTI. Their direction sheet appears incomplete. After I follow the directions using "Manual Entry" from the dropdown, it says "no placements" in the app manager. Should I be adding it as an external URL rather than manual entry?

@pecchiog 

If you could show us or link us to the actual instructions, we might be able to better guide you. I have done far too many integrations, and they all are slightly different.

I did find this that might be helpful, How Does Edulastic Integrate with Canvas. Which, by the way, is where I always start with LTI support - I go to the LTI vendor first, because they build the integration.

Kelley

pecchiog
Community Participant

Of course I can! Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-286cmEZnlBRMjArLd5BPMAY-GgQIyPa4EfspCGkx48/edit#

Here are the instructions that they give. I have completed them using Manual Entry. When I do so, it works as an external tool for submission but does not populate in any of the course navigation. I’m assuming this is the way to complete the LTI for the entire school and not just at a course level, which is what I was told. When I try to configure by URL—it tells me I have the wrong XML.

This is the screen I am using to integrate the app:

app add

I fill out all the information as the instructions require and it successfully adds. Then I go to Navigation and nothing is there. Even after their engineer made the connection to my access token, this was the case.

@pecchiog 

You link tells me I do not have permission.

Kelley

pecchiog
Community Participant

So sorry! They have limited the sharing options because our code and key are in the doc. My fault. here are screenshots of the simple directions. 

12324516_4.png3324517_Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.44.55 AM.png324518_Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.45.03 AM.png

@pecchiog 

I recently completed an integration requiring a developer key, and ran into the same problem. After talking to the vendor's support team I ended up uninstalling the app at my end, they deleted the developer key info at their end, we redid the entire enchilada and it worked.

No help I am sure, but it takes me back to my first suggestion - call Edulastic's support team. Likely, they should also be able dial into your PC and walk you through the process as they view your screen, which can be helpful.

Kelley