cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oulyd
Community Member

Elementary Courses and Power School

Jump to solution

Hi all, here is an issue that I cannot figure out and I am hoping that the community can help!

1. Elementary teachers are going to start using Canvas:

• PowerSchool has a "course" for each content area in for example a 2nd grade classroom
  • When PowerSchool pushes to Canvas it pushes those 5 different "courses" to Canvas
  • In Canvas now that 2nd grade teacher has 5 different courses and the students need to access 5 different courses
  • Is there a way that those 5 different courses can go into 1 course for the teacher/student to access and then have the grades pushed to the right place in PowerSchool?

2. As background the High School pushes each section of a course from PowerSchool to Canvas as separate courses because that is how the teachers want it

Thanks in advance!

diahann

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hbradford
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Diahann!

Most schools achieve this by crosslisting. You can find info on crosslisting here​. Essentially you can transplant sections into one parent course and teach all your subjects out of one course. Let us know if you have any other questions!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@oulyd , I apologize that your question has been sitting out here for so long without a response--but it appears that thus far, you have the Community stumped! Were you able to devise a solution independently, and if you were, would you take a moment to let us know how you accomplished this? In the meantime, I'm going to attempt to enhance the visibility of your question by sharing it with the Grade Pass Back and K-12 groups to get the attention of the folks who typically work with PowerSchool.

Also, if you haven't already, I suggest you reach out to your Customer Success Manager and Implementation Consultant for additional assistance with the intricacies of the PowerSchool integration.

hbradford
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Diahann!

Most schools achieve this by crosslisting. You can find info on crosslisting here​. Essentially you can transplant sections into one parent course and teach all your subjects out of one course. Let us know if you have any other questions!!

View solution in original post