cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwong1
Community Member

Email Notification

Jump to solution

Can you turn off email notifications every time you add a person to a course as an admin?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @gwong1 ​...

As far as I know, there's nothing within the current UI that would allow you to disable notifications when people are manually enrolled into Canvas courses.  Does your school add students and instructors to courses via SIS import?  We do that at our Technical College (we have Banner SIS), and students do not receive e-mails when they are enrolled via SIS import.  Maybe you'd be able to do something similar at your school?  I'll also share this with a couple groups here in the Canvas Community to see if anyone else has ideas for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @gwong1 ​...

As far as I know, there's nothing within the current UI that would allow you to disable notifications when people are manually enrolled into Canvas courses.  Does your school add students and instructors to courses via SIS import?  We do that at our Technical College (we have Banner SIS), and students do not receive e-mails when they are enrolled via SIS import.  Maybe you'd be able to do something similar at your school?  I'll also share this with a couple groups here in the Canvas Community to see if anyone else has ideas for you.

View solution in original post

gwong1
Community Member

Hi Chris,

Thank you, for the information it is very helpful!

We are a Banner school too, and we are planning to do the integration with Banner. This Spring is going to be are piolet term.

Thanks again,

Garret