Email an individual student

Jump to solution

How do I email an individual student?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
travis_thurston
Community Champion

@wannenmacherel ​

Using the Canvas Inbox you can use the Canvas Guide, How do I Compose and Send a Message to Students to guide you through the process of sending a message to an individual student. Let me know if that answers your question. Thanks!

-Travis

View solution in original post

2 Replies
travis_thurston
Community Champion

@wannenmacherel ​

Using the Canvas Inbox you can use the Canvas Guide, How do I Compose and Send a Message to Students to guide you through the process of sending a message to an individual student. Let me know if that answers your question. Thanks!

-Travis

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wannenmacherel ​...

In addition to what  @travis_thurston ​ has already mentioned, I'll also add that Canvas does not have e-mail.  It's messaging.  The difference is that you can send messages inside of Canvas that go to a user's Canvas Inbox.  However, each user can choose the ways that he/she wants to be contacted (e-mail, Twitter, text message, etc.) and then the frequency of those notifications.  It is completely possible that if you message someone from within Canvas that that person may have e-mail notifications turned off...and only receives notifications via text message (for example).  So, if you truly want to ensure that you are contacting your students via e-mail, I would recommend that you get an e-mail list of your students and then send the message through your school's e-mail client (Outlook, for example).  Here are some Canvas Guides for you on notification preferences:

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications?

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas?

How do I add a text (SMS) contact method in Canvas?

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?

Hope this helps, Elizabeth!