cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldt69
Community Member

Email as assignment is graded

Hey!  I was wondering if there was a way to automatically send students a specialized email as soon as an assignment is graded.  I know there are the email options via gradebook, but that would send some students multiple emails of the same nature.  I would like to send a "Congrats, you've completed the assignment" type email as they are graded.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ldt69 ...

Notifications for grades (and many other things for that matter) are all controlled by the end user.  Each user (student, instructor, admin, etc.) can choose how he/she wants to be notified about certain events within the Canvas LMS.  Users can also choose the frequency of those notifications.  As you can see from the Guide links I've provided, there are some different options for the Gradebook/getting grades/submissions.  While I am not aware of any custom messages that you can send out, Canvas takes care of notifying your students (if they so choose) when they have an assignment that has been graded.

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10624-4212710344 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Lara.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information.

ldt69
Community Member

Yes,  I knew that.  I want to send a specialized email when a student receives a certain grade on an assignment.  

Thanks for the help!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Lara ~

Depending on your grading process, you could have a few phrases in a document that you could then copy and paste into a submission comment. Students who have notifications for submission comments would receive an email and a push notification that you left them a message attached to their work.

This lesson will walk you through the steps:

How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?

What's fun with this, is that you are no longer limited to text! You could record an audio clip or a screencast. Smiley Happy

dwillmore
Community Champion

I am afraid that there is no way of sending automated, specialized, and personalized email to your students beyond the ways you have mentioned.