cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daria_minina

Email notification for an announcement creator

Jump to solution

Hello!

An instructor wants to receive an email with a notification about announcement he/she created (to be sure, that students receive an email as well). How to do it?

Thank you!!!

212346_pastedImage_0.png

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The Instructor would want to set their notification settings for announcements to ASAP - How do I set my Canvas notification preferences? Yet, students can also adjust their notification settings and could technically turn them off for announcements or anything else.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The Instructor would want to set their notification settings for announcements to ASAP - How do I set my Canvas notification preferences? Yet, students can also adjust their notification settings and could technically turn them off for announcements or anything else.

@daria_minina ​...

Totally agree with  @kona ​ here.  I'll also add that it's entirely possible that students may not choose to receive any Canvas notifications via e-mail.  They may only want to get notifications about Canvas via text message, for example.  So, when you say "to be sure, that students receive an email as well", this might be difficult to determine based on individual user preferences.  Hope this helps!