cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e_kurtz7332
Community Member

Email send not working

Jump to solution

I notice that I used to get emails from canvas in Outlook, I am no longer getting them.  When I look at the settings page, it says there is a problem sending to it, but I am unable to correct it, what do I do? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @e_kurtz7332 ​...

You might want to get in touch with your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department to see if they can investigate your e-mail address issue.  Specifically, I would check to see if there are any spaces before the start of your e-mail address or any at the end that may be causing the issue.  If they have ruled those things out, then they may need to dig deeper into the issue ... possibly consulting with your IT department.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @e_kurtz7332 ​...

You might want to get in touch with your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department to see if they can investigate your e-mail address issue.  Specifically, I would check to see if there are any spaces before the start of your e-mail address or any at the end that may be causing the issue.  If they have ruled those things out, then they may need to dig deeper into the issue ... possibly consulting with your IT department.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

myerdon01
Community Champion

We have been having the same(?not sure if it is the exact same issue or not) issue with Canvas messaging and Outlook. Students reply to the Canvas message from their Outlook mail and the instructor never receives it back in Canvas messages, though we can see it was sent from Outlook. Happened twice several weeks ago, but not sure if it has happened since. Also, seems to be an issue with attachments sent from Outlook to Canvas messaging, the attachments don't always go through-one instructor does have a help ticket in on this one. Both problems are intermittent.