cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjennings1
Community Participant

Email to Canvas Inbox

Jump to solution

Is there a way to forward an email to by Canvas Inbox? (I get emails about campus activities, and I would like to forward them to my students) (specific music events)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cjennings1 ...

This is not possible (as far as I'm aware).  Canvas isn't a system to handle e-mails.  If you have an e-mail in your school's e-mail client (for example, Microsoft Outlook), I would recommend that you forward that message to students via Outlook.

Or, I suppose that you could copy the text of the message from your e-mail into a new Canvas message in your Inbox and send it to your students that way.  But again, you cannot forward e-mails outside of Canvas to your Inbox in Canvas.

Finally, I would like to direct you the first paragraph in  @James ‌' reply here, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9945#comment-102510, as I think that his explanation may get to the heart of why this functionality doesn't exist in Canvas.

I hope this helps, Caroline.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cjennings1 ...

This is not possible (as far as I'm aware).  Canvas isn't a system to handle e-mails.  If you have an e-mail in your school's e-mail client (for example, Microsoft Outlook), I would recommend that you forward that message to students via Outlook.

Or, I suppose that you could copy the text of the message from your e-mail into a new Canvas message in your Inbox and send it to your students that way.  But again, you cannot forward e-mails outside of Canvas to your Inbox in Canvas.

Finally, I would like to direct you the first paragraph in  @James ‌' reply here, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9945#comment-102510, as I think that his explanation may get to the heart of why this functionality doesn't exist in Canvas.

I hope this helps, Caroline.

View solution in original post