Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ced118

Emailing all students from ios mobile app

Jump to solution

I am trying to email all the students in a class using the ios mobile app. There is no option to select all students as shown in the documentation, the course is published.

I went to mail, new email, selected the course and then students. I only see a list of individual students with no optionto select all students.

Thanks,

Calvin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ced118 ‌,

Thanks for the question. Are you using the Canvas Teacher or Student app? Either way, they work the same for this feature.

In the Canvas Teacher/Student app, which I'll assume you are using, you can message all people in a particular role. In this case, students. Take a look at the image below to show you where this option is in the app. 

289029_pastedImage_1.png

The Canvas Teacher app just added this feature over the last few months, so make sure you have the most recent version downloaded on your device and try it again. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ced118 ‌,

Thanks for the question. Are you using the Canvas Teacher or Student app? Either way, they work the same for this feature.

In the Canvas Teacher/Student app, which I'll assume you are using, you can message all people in a particular role. In this case, students. Take a look at the image below to show you where this option is in the app. 

289029_pastedImage_1.png

The Canvas Teacher app just added this feature over the last few months, so make sure you have the most recent version downloaded on your device and try it again. Hope this helps. 

ced118

Ryan,

I checked and have the most recent version from the app store & I am using the teacher version.

I tried this but there is no All in Student option visible. I only see a list of the students. Maybe I'm missing a step here.

Thanks,

Calvin

ced118

I have version 1.6.3

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again  @ced118 ‌, 

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but this is how I do this. 

1. Go to Inbox
  2. Compose a new message
  3. Select a course
  4. Select "To"
  5. Tap on Students, Teachers, or any role with more than one user
  6. At the top should be "All in Students" (or whatever the role is)

That's it. Two other suggestions:

1. Uninstall the app and reinstall
  2. Make sure you are the latest version of iOS 11, if not, update and try the app again

Let me know if this helps. Thanks. 

Hi Ryan,

I deleted and reinstalled the app. That corrected the problem. There now is an option for All in Student.

Thanks for your help!

Calvin

That's great to hear! I'm sorry to hear you had to jump through some hoops, but it's good to know everything is working. In the age of mobile apps, it seems like the delete and reinstall is becoming a default trick for fixing issues.