Top Navigation menu under construction from 9:30am to 4:30pm MDT. For more information or tips for finding Community content, click here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rupertpatty
Not applicable

Emailing my Professor

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have started my Fall courses, but I am having trouble emailing my instructor. Could you please tell me where to go on Canvas so I can communicate. 

Also, I have completed CAN100. Do I have to redo this walkthrough Canvas again?  As I was taking this Orientation, it did not explain how to contact my Professor. 

Thank you, 

Patty Rupert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Patty,

This is a general Canvas discussion forum for user around the world who use Canvas.  I can help with your question about contacting your instructor but most likely no one here is going to be able to provide any sort of answer regarding the orientation and CAN100.  You'll probably need to contact someone at your school to do that.

There are a couple of ways to send a message to your instructor through Canvas.  The best one is probably to use the Conversations tool which you can access by clicking the InBox icon on the left side of Canvas.  Here is a short guide about how to do so How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as a student? 

As second option which might be available with your school's instance of Canvas is from the Help menu (also on the left side of the page).  There should be an option to Ask Your Instructor a Question which opens a quick form to fill out which will send them a message through Conversations.  

295570_pastedImage_2.png

Hope that helps,

Rick

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Patty,

This is a general Canvas discussion forum for user around the world who use Canvas.  I can help with your question about contacting your instructor but most likely no one here is going to be able to provide any sort of answer regarding the orientation and CAN100.  You'll probably need to contact someone at your school to do that.

There are a couple of ways to send a message to your instructor through Canvas.  The best one is probably to use the Conversations tool which you can access by clicking the InBox icon on the left side of Canvas.  Here is a short guide about how to do so How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as a student? 

As second option which might be available with your school's instance of Canvas is from the Help menu (also on the left side of the page).  There should be an option to Ask Your Instructor a Question which opens a quick form to fill out which will send them a message through Conversations.  

295570_pastedImage_2.png

Hope that helps,

Rick

View solution in original post