cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_avneri
Community Participant

Embed Yammer and Teams

Hi there,

I've been trying to embed a Yammer group feed into a Canvas page and but nothing seems to be displaying, I've used the code that is provided on the actual Yammer group page on the bottom right where it says 'embed this feed in your site'.  I've also tried the same code in a wordpress site and it still doesn't display anything so not sure if it's the code.  Has anyone else experienced this in Canvas and been able to resolve it?

Also wanted to ask if anyone has been able to embed an MS Teams or chat page into a Canvas page?

Many thanks!

Joe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @j_avneri  Thank You for posting your question.

I've been trying to embed a Yammer group feed into a Canvas page and but nothing seems to be displaying, I've used the code that is provided on the actual Yammer group page on the bottom right where it says 'embed this feed in your site'.  I've also tried the same code in a wordpress site and it still doesn't display anything so not sure if it's the code.  Has anyone else experienced this in Canvas and been able to resolve it?

It is quite possible that Canvas is stripping out some of the code you are trying to paste into the HTML side of your Canvas pages.  Canvas has a whitelist of approved HTML tags that are allowed.  Please check out the information in the blue box at the top of this Guide: How do I use the HTML view in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

Also wanted to ask if anyone has been able to embed an MS Teams or chat page into a Canvas page?

In doing a search here in the Canvas Community (How do I search and filter content in the Canvas Community?), I found a couple resources for you:

I know these might not be the answers you were hoping for, but I do hope that they have helped to answer your questions.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this stuff...thanks Joseph.

j_avneri
Community Participant

Hi  @chofer ‌

Many thanks for providing that info. I see that the HTML code I want to embed uses the <script> tag which is not in the whitelist doc. I think this is because it is javascript which is not supported in the RCE HTML editor due to vulnerabilities associated with the <script> tag - found another community post about this too.

I was also looking into embedding a website into a canvas page as a possible solution (using iframe) but this doesn't seem to work (I get a message 'couldn't connect'). I tested a few sites including Google. From what I can see in the community the issues appear to be mostly about security of sites and browsers and no easy way enable this and ensure it would display correctly for other users.

thanks

Joe