Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chwa

Embed file in page

Jump to solution

I would like to create an iframe in a page containing the view of a PDF in Files. I know that I can create a link and Canvas creates a preview button next to the link, but I would like the preview to be permanent.

I can hack this myself by lurking in the code of a file preview and then copy the box.com URL for the file-preview and then in HTML code create an iframe displaying that file. But this is tricky explaining to my colleges... So, my question:

Is there an app that can create an iframe in a page with the box.com URL for a file in Files?

Will the box.com URL change of I override the original file i Files?

Alternatively, can you link directly (not download!) to a file i Files (making the two questions above obsolete)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@chwa , great news: you don't have to hack this; Canvas has this functionality baked right in! Refer to this lesson from the Canvas Guide for instructions: How do I set the auto-open for inline preview for Files using the Rich Content Editor?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@chwa , great news: you don't have to hack this; Canvas has this functionality baked right in! Refer to this lesson from the Canvas Guide for instructions: How do I set the auto-open for inline preview for Files using the Rich Content Editor?

Thanks, just what i was looking for. I have no idea why I didn't find that article...

I'm glad it helped you,  @chwa .

Would you like to help the Canvas Community evolve? Navigate to the document How do I set the auto-open for inline preview for Files using the Rich Content Editor?​, click on Add a Comment at the bottom, and mention the search terms you used when you were trying to find the answer to this question. The  @CanvasDocTeam ​ is very accommodating about adding tags to the lessons so that they are more readily accessible in search results.

I added iFrame, pages, and preview as tags on that article. Hopefully that helps!

Erin

sirui_wang

I need this too