Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottWolla1
Community Member

Enable You Tube?

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I'm a new admin. I frequently embed YouTube videos on pages when I teach as an adjunct. But now I am setting up an instance at work (as an admin). I'm setting up a demo, but when I click the plug icon I don't get anything that will allow me in add You Tube. As an admin, do I need to enable something first? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brooksjp
Community Participant

You should be able to add it as an admin.  Go to your admin page and scroll down to settings.  Once in settings, click the 'Apps' tab.  Do a search for YouTube and select to install it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
brooksjp
Community Participant

You should be able to add it as an admin.  Go to your admin page and scroll down to settings.  Once in settings, click the 'Apps' tab.  Do a search for YouTube and select to install it.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @ScottWolla1 ...

Rather than using the plug icon to insert a YouTube video, I like to harvest the embed code directly from a YouTube video's page and then use the option within the RCE to paste in the code for the page I'm making.  For me, this is a cleaner look to the page and often eliminates any black bars that may appear above or on the sides of the YouTube video if you are using the YouTube icon via the plug icon.  You can use this Guide to walk you through the steps:

How do I upload and embed media from an external s... - Canvas Community

There are other ways to add YouTube videos to your content pages in your course...which are outlined in this Guide:

How do I link to a YouTube video in the Rich Conte... - Canvas Community

I hope this information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.