cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theatkinsons17
Community Member

Enabling all calendars

Good evening,

As a mother of 5 students, that are currently using Canvas, I am trying to determine if there's a way to enable all of their calendars for each course? Once I enable a certain amount of calendars and set them to a default color (1 color per student) for each class that they have, they begin to grey out and I'd like to have all of the calendars viewable on the calendar tab at the same time. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @theatkinsons17 -

It's awesome that you're connected to all of your kids! Canvas will help you stay organized, and it definitely sounds like you've done some organizing already.

With the calendar, many districts have the default amount - 10. Other districts have made it possible to have a little extra - 15. However, there's no way to override that.

I think Canvas Parent can help you though. While you won't be able to see all of your calendars in a single view (all five students in one place), you can toggle between each student and see all of their work without needing to turn calendars on and off.

What is the Canvas Parent app? 

How do I use the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

How do I view the calendar of events and assignments for a student in the Canvas Parent app on my iO... 

While this is not a perfect solution, I think it will help understand what each of your children has going on at school each week. If you have any follow-up questions or if you'd like to collaborate, let the Community know!