Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williams_1887
Community Member

Entering a Quiz Grade Value for an in class quiz

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am piloting canvas this fall for our college. The class is not a distance learning class but I will have the class take one exam outside the classroom to see how well they do with the technology.

I gave quiz/exam 1 in class out of 50 points. I created a Quiz 1 place holder in the assignments and quiz folder but I am not able to enter a value for the quiz is worth. Entering their grades manually, they all read 45/0 rather than 45/50. How can I include a grade value for a quiz they take in class with paper and pencil or is that not possible?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@williams_1887 , for any quizzes not given online in Canvas you need to create the assignment as an "Assignment" (type) rather than a quiz (type). This means you would need to delete the current quiz/exam 1 and recreate it as an Assignment (but with the same name - quiz/exam 1). You will then be able to enter the total number of points the quiz is worth and enter your grades correctly in the gradebook.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@williams_1887 , for any quizzes not given online in Canvas you need to create the assignment as an "Assignment" (type) rather than a quiz (type). This means you would need to delete the current quiz/exam 1 and recreate it as an Assignment (but with the same name - quiz/exam 1). You will then be able to enter the total number of points the quiz is worth and enter your grades correctly in the gradebook.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post