Error: Sign into Google or Canvas to Authorize Embedded resource

scheeper_c
Community Novice

My students are running into a new error message as of late. I prepared voice-over presentations (screencastify) saved as mp4 files for my classes that I stored in my Google drive (due to data limitations in CANVAS) . I then embedded these voice-over presentations into a Canvas Page in each module. They were working fine but now students receive an error message that reads "you're not signed into Canvas, please sign-in before attempting to use this tool". If they attempt to sign-in to Canvas they receive a Google 403b error. It is only occurring for these embedded resources.

The following messages are from my students describing what they see....  "I keep trying to listen to the voice over presentation, but it keeps telling me to sign into my google account to authorize it and I already am."     " I went on canvas and this time it told me I wasn’t signed into my canvas account so I clicked my profile and just went through to modules again. But, when it reloaded and I clicked on the voice over presentation it’s still telling me I’m not signed into my google account. "

Thoughts on what has changed?

0 Likes