cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wasko

Error message when uploading zip files to SCORM

Jump to solution

I'm trying to upload a zip file from adobe captivate to Canvas. It is set for SCORM 1.2. I have done this with many other files and it has worked. This one particular file has more videos than the others. The first time I tried to upload it, it came back with an error. The second time I tried, the progress bar continues without stopping. It is continually loading on Canvas and is not uploading. The zip file I started last night is still loading this morning. From what I can tell, I am unable to stop the progress to try it again. Any thoughts on how to fix it? This is what I am seeing:

212814_pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

I can't speak directly to the connection with SCORM 1.2 and Adobe Captivate, wasko, but your comment that the package contains more videos than usual gives me pause. And, I've seen upload errors such as these in the past when the course files quota has been reached or exceeded. Have you compared the size of the file to the available space in the course?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

I can't speak directly to the connection with SCORM 1.2 and Adobe Captivate, wasko, but your comment that the package contains more videos than usual gives me pause. And, I've seen upload errors such as these in the past when the course files quota has been reached or exceeded. Have you compared the size of the file to the available space in the course?

Yes, you are right. It was the size. Put all the videos down to SD and it is now working. How silly of me! Thanks!

Any ideas how to get rid of the files that have the continuous progress bars? It doesn't show up in the files but they are showing up like the picture I showed in the SCORM tab.

wasko​, I am fairly certain there's no front-end way for you to clear those on your own. I would recommend that you send a ticket to Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas?​--click on Help | Report a Problem directly from the Files area where the uploads are "hanging") to see if they can clear them out for you.

0 Kudos