cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylord1
Community Member

Error sharing quiz to

When sharing a quiz to Commons it failed and issued the message:

There was an error generating the tool launch.

What would have caused this and how can we fix it.

8 Replies
awilliams
Community Champion

Hi,  @taylord1 . Has this issue persisted? I am not familiar with that error message but I am curious if this could have been a temporary issue. If the issue persists, I would recommend submitting a support case to find out more. However, maybe someone else in the Community has seen this error message before and will know more than me.

Thank you Adam. I tried again today after logging off. However I later found that this error happens when trying to share any quiz of type New to Commons. There was no error though when a quiz of type Classic was used.

Hi  @taylord1   I seem to remember something similar to this when I tried to save a New Quiz to the Commons a while ago.  I believe that I was able to share the quiz by creating the New Quiz in an otherwise blank course and sharing the entire course to the Commons.  Just something you might try if you need to share a New Quiz!

awilliams
Community Champion

Thanks Dean! That extra information about it being a "New Quizzes" quiz was helpful. I was able to do some further research and learn that it is a known issue. I had just not run across this scenario yet. 

patrick_cadigan
Community Member

I was told by Canvas support that you cannot export "new" Quizzes to Commons because it uses an LTI (external tool). You used to be able to. Now you can't.

patrick_cadigan
Community Member

A workaround would be to create a Sandbox and share it with any teacher that you want to have access to those quizzes your building. From there, everyone can use the Import function and they'll have it. It takes up to 17 mouse clicks for that; Instructure must have hired the old Windows95 UI team. #cheers

sseitzer
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. We build a New Quiz in a shared workroom, but can't export it to Commons or Copy it into any of our classes. Is there a fix on the way? Seems like just a Instructure issue?

ctsang
Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue. An instructor I am working with is not able to transfer over a Quiz + that he created last semester into his current course. Has a solution been found for this issue? It is a BIG DEAL, as it makes Quiz + useless in it's current state.

Faculty should not need to recreate quizzes constantly, especially if the quizzes have a lot of additional features attached to it.

Please mark this as priority if it has not already been.