cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessica_fairman

Error uploading files to ePorfolio page?

Jump to solution

Error uploading files to ePorfolio page? I've tried word documents, images, and even powerpoint presentations. Nothing will upload. I've attached an image of the error message that pops up, though I don't know what it means.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jessica_fairman  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I've seen that message before, and it's Canvas' not-terribly-helpful way of telling you that your personal file space in the system is full.  Behind the scenes, the ePortfolio is attempting to upload any additions to your personal file space.  However, some of what you are doing within your classes and elsewhere in Canvas is also getting added to that personal file space.  What I suggest is checking your user files, as outlined here: How do I view my user files as a student?   You will more than likely see in the bottom line pointed at in the second screen capture at number 2 that your allocated space is over-filled.  Remove some files that you no longer need.  My first suggestion is to check any Conversation Attachments.  Those are files that you attached either to instructors or fellow students when using Canvas' Conversations/Inbox feature.  That can get loaded up very quickly!  Also check some other spots, but make sure that you have your own copies first before deleting them.

Once you get under capacity again, you should find that you can upload files again to your ePortfolio. 

I hope this helps, Jessica!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jessica_fairman  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I've seen that message before, and it's Canvas' not-terribly-helpful way of telling you that your personal file space in the system is full.  Behind the scenes, the ePortfolio is attempting to upload any additions to your personal file space.  However, some of what you are doing within your classes and elsewhere in Canvas is also getting added to that personal file space.  What I suggest is checking your user files, as outlined here: How do I view my user files as a student?   You will more than likely see in the bottom line pointed at in the second screen capture at number 2 that your allocated space is over-filled.  Remove some files that you no longer need.  My first suggestion is to check any Conversation Attachments.  Those are files that you attached either to instructors or fellow students when using Canvas' Conversations/Inbox feature.  That can get loaded up very quickly!  Also check some other spots, but make sure that you have your own copies first before deleting them.

Once you get under capacity again, you should find that you can upload files again to your ePortfolio. 

I hope this helps, Jessica!

0 Kudos

Oh wow, I just checked and it said I have used 414% of my storage! And I've only been using Canvas for 7 months. I wish it would have sent me a message at 100%. I'll be sure to download and delete those files to make more room. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Glad I could help, Jessica.  Indeed, I wish we would get some warning messages, too!

0 Kudos