Essay Questions Show Score Before Question Is Manually Graded

Jump to solution
korslunds1
Community Member

We've run into an issue that has occurred for three of our instructors now and I wanted to know if someone else has experienced the same thing and found a solution.

The issue is that an instructor will be actively graded quizzes with open-ended questions that need to be manually graded in Speed Grader. The instructor will grade an open-ended question, leave a comment, and click update score and then when they move to the next student there is a score in the score box for the open-ended question even though the question has not been manually graded yet by the instructor. If the instructor moves away from and back to the page or refreshes the page the score is gone and replaced with the expected dash. If an instructor decides to leave the score in the box and add comments and save, once "update score" is clicked any comments made disappear, the score in the box disappears, and no update is made to the total for the quiz.

1 Solution
cronek
Community Participant

Our instructors had finished grading by the time I got them to try it again.  However, we did open a case with Canvas Support and got this reply:

"I apologize for the frustration, but sadly we have heard of other users experiencing the behavior with SpeedGrader intermittently caching previously saved question score for future submissions. I am going to attach this case to a tracker associated to the behavior for you to be notified of updates as they become available. Please let me know if you have any questions. "

View solution in original post

0 Likes