Essay answers in Speed Grader cut off or partially missing

Jump to solution
apadams
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the issue of essay answers from students being cut off or partially missing in Speed Grader (see below for example, at the end "are re.....").  I've tried viewing from two different web browsers with no luck.  Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Is this a copy/paste issue?  Does it make a difference if students type directly in the essay text box or copy/paste from a Word or other document?  I also understand that there isn't a word limit, and so, this probably isn't the cause.

Thank you!

Canvas cutting off truncating essay answers 9-1-20apa.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @apadams ...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here for such a long time without a response.  The issue you show here sure doesn't look like normal Canvas behavior.  Have you reached out to the Canvas Help Desk to see if they might be able to help troubleshoot this with you more?  If not, I would recommend that you do so.  You can contact them by following the information in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? - Canvas Community.  Please let us know the outcome of that conversation once you've had a chance to discuss this more with the Help Desk folks...thanks!

View solution in original post