Even after publishing my threaded discussion topic it still doesn't show up on my weekly course modules, why?

Jump to solution
bradford_houk
Community Novice

Even after publishing my threaded discussion topic it still doesn't show up on my weekly course modules, why?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bradford_houk ...

I am assuming that when you said you published your discussion topic, that you did this on the "Discussions" index page.  How do I use the Discussions Index Page?  Even though you can publish one or more discussion topics on your "Discussions" index page, this does not mean that they automatically appear on your "Modules" index page.  How do I use the Modules Index Page?  You still need to use the "Modules" index page to build your modules with the content items (including discussion topics) that you want students to complete per module...in the order that you want.  So, to add things like course pages, discussion topics, assignments, and quizzes to a module, check out the Guide, How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?, or the video tutorial: ‌.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Brad.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post