cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arome
Community Member

Events to Commons?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to put Events in my calendar onto Commons?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Community Champion

Hey arome​, I do not think you can share calendar events at this time. You can add this as a feature idea in the Canvas Commons community space though. Check out How do I submit Commons feedback?​ for more information about sharing a new idea for Canvas Commons.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
awilliams
Community Champion

Hey arome​, I do not think you can share calendar events at this time. You can add this as a feature idea in the Canvas Commons community space though. Check out How do I submit Commons feedback?​ for more information about sharing a new idea for Canvas Commons.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

arome​...

awilliams​ is on the right track.  I know that somewhere here in the Canvas Community, there is a response from Instructure about this very topic.  I can't find where it is, though.  From what I recall, the response was that Commons cannot import things from the calendar because those calendar entries would be on a course-by-course basis and be different for everyone.  Imagine sharing a Calendar with members of your school or (for some reason) the entire Canvas community.  Dates would change to meet the needs of the individual instructor.  Commons is meant to share course content and not so much the dates and events behind those pieces of content.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

For the sake of completeness, and for anyone who might be driving by, I see that arome​ has created a feature idea for this, and it's now open for voting. Here is the link: