Excuse an assignment for multiple students quickly

Jump to solution
michelle_ward
Community Member

I would like to quickly excuse assignments in Canvas for multiple students at a time.  For example, in 1st grade this week I have one remote class and 3 in person classes.  The remote kids needed to do the assignment (I have them created as a group but can't assign it just to them) and we ran out of time for my in person kids to do it.  I would love to excuse the assignment/quiz for my in person kids quickly.  The only way to do it is to click on each student and mark it excused.  My course is an entire grade.

1 Solution
valentinesking
Community Champion

Howdy @michelle_ward ,

Thanks for posting your question. I can understand how the use case your described being able to excuse a whole class of students would be helpful. Currently, the only way to select the Excused option in the sidebar or inputting EX for every student.

I tested out trying to use the Default Grade feature and entering EX; however, it would not allow me to do so. I normally would suggest that you may want to make a product feature idea suggestion. However, a few others have other done so for similar reasons. I encourage you to add your experience to these ideas and vote them up. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Sky V. King, FIU Online

View solution in original post