cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eric_green1
Community Member

Exporting Grades

Is there a way to just export grades from certain assignments and/or assignment groups instead of just getting the entire grade book? My cvs file is getting very large.

4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @eric_green1 , it looks as though this is not currently an option but may be planned for the future.  Deactivated user indicated in this idea currently in product radar, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4641-allowing-export-gradebook-by-sections" modifiedtitle="tru...

"This is one of many granular controls that we would like to offer when we revamp the import/export of gradebook. Some other controls that I think might also be helpful to be able to make choices about when exporting/importing: Grading Periods, Grading Schemes, Totals (Assignment Groups, Current, Final), Assignments, Sort order, Students, Student IDs, etc.

This is a project that I'm currently researching. It won't go into development until the company decides it's the current top priority for the gradebook team to work on. I'll move this to "under consideration", because I believe we will do this at some point and archiving isn't quite the right status for it. When we get green lit for this project, I will update you here."

This idea is also linked under "Related Feature Ideas 'On Radar'" under "Phase II-Future Work" of the New Gradebook (New Gradebook Users Group).   

I hope this information helps!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @eric_green1 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you fist posted this question on February 22, 2018.  It looks like ericwerth replied to you later that afternoon.  Have you had an opportunity to review Eric's response?  If so, did his reply help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions yet as it relates to your initial question?  If you feel that Eric has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a response below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in almost four months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for that same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this subject matter.  I hope that's alright with you, Eric.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

lbrown48
Community Member

I am an instructional designer and several faculty have asked me if we can have this function. They have large courses (>100+) and don't want to export the whole gradebook file at once (It took almost 24 hours to export the csv file). They want to be able to export just the quizzes or just one section of students at a time. Is this possible? 

KKuo
Community Member

Yes - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enable exporting grades by individual assignment!!!   The gradebook is just a massive ugly export as is.