cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonTomson
Community Member

Exporting course modules "en bloc" to Commons

I have quite a few courses uploaded to Canvas, which I need to export to Commons.

Each course consists of about 7 modules. Not only will this take a long time, but I fear it will be very confusing, they will aI have to be able to export each course's modules as a single unit. There must be a way to do this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SimonTomson
Community Member

Sorry, that should read:

I have quite a few courses uploaded to Canvas, which I need to export to Commons.

Each course consists of about 7 modules. Not only will this take a long time, but I fear it will be very confusing. I need to be able to export each course's modules as a single unit. There must be a way to do this?

Sandie
Community Member

You can click on the three dots next to the modules then share to common for each module.

Hello @SimonTomson ...

You can share an entire course or just a specific part of a course (such as a single module) to Canvas Commons.  If you share an entire course to Commons, when people import your shared course from Commons, they cannot choose specific modules from that course to import.  Thus, you would need to share each module to Commons separately if that's what you wanted people to import into their own course(s).  The two Guides to use are:

I hope this has helped to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!