Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryce_blackmore

Exporting to pdf or word

Jump to solution

How can I export a canvas page into a word doc or pdf. I have made tons of really good pages and a student has no access to the work due to computer problems. I would really like to be able to export my work so I can give it to him on a USB. 

I have tried the only method I have seen on these forums but it does not include any pictures

Tags (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Apologies  @bryce_blackmore . 

The only way I know is to export it as an ePub. 

You could use this to convert it to a PDF EPUB to PDF – Convert EPUB to PDF Online 

I hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

acolvin

Can't you just right click a Page, select print, and then save as PDF?

paul_greenberg

You can just print the file from your browser.

Go to the page of interest

Choose "file", "print", "save to PDF".  This will print the web page with images.  It will have some of the surrounding "junk" on the web page, but should contain all important content.

Best,

Paul

6 Replies
Bobby2
Community Member

Hi  @bryce_blackmore  Thank You for your question.

Yes, this can be done. Here is a guide that includes step by step instruction - with pictures.

How do I export a Canvas course?

Sing out if you need a hand. 

bryce_blackmore

Hi. I know how to export a course for canvas. I think you misunderstood my question. I want to export my work as a pdf or word file, not as a canvas package file. 

Apologies  @bryce_blackmore . 

The only way I know is to export it as an ePub. 

You could use this to convert it to a PDF EPUB to PDF – Convert EPUB to PDF Online 

I hope that helps. 

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@bblackmo ‌, Bobby has given you a great solution. Once you have enabled ePub exports in the course, you'll find the instructions for exporting the course as an ePub file in How do I view course content offline as an ePub file as an instructor? Also, if your institution has enabled the offline content feature, this lesson should help: How do I view course content offline as an HTML file as an instructor? 

acolvin

Can't you just right click a Page, select print, and then save as PDF?

paul_greenberg

You can just print the file from your browser.

Go to the page of interest

Choose "file", "print", "save to PDF".  This will print the web page with images.  It will have some of the surrounding "junk" on the web page, but should contain all important content.

Best,

Paul