Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
resselink

External App in the "Test" and "Production" Environments

Jump to solution

Original Topic Name: If I add an External App in the test environment will it also be added to the production environment?

I want to test Box.com in our test environment but I want to be sure that if I add the Box.com app in the test environment will it not be added to the production environment.

Just checking to be 100% sure before I go ahead.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @resselink ​...

Adding an LTI app to your "Test" environment will not add it to your "Production" environment.  That's the nice thing about Canvas...they give you an area to test out anything before you want to "go live" with in in your "Production" environment.  You'll still need to do the same setup for the LTI app in "Production" that you did in "Test", however.

Also, I am going to shorten the subject line of this topic and tag it with keywords so that it's easier for people to search for if they have similar questions.  If you do not feel the shortened subject line gets at what you are asking, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @resselink ​...

Adding an LTI app to your "Test" environment will not add it to your "Production" environment.  That's the nice thing about Canvas...they give you an area to test out anything before you want to "go live" with in in your "Production" environment.  You'll still need to do the same setup for the LTI app in "Production" that you did in "Test", however.

Also, I am going to shorten the subject line of this topic and tag it with keywords so that it's easier for people to search for if they have similar questions.  If you do not feel the shortened subject line gets at what you are asking, please let me know.

Hope this helps!