cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dchancellor
Community Member

Extra Credit Assignments

Jump to solution

In Canvas I have an "Extra credit" assignments' group and one called "Assignments". I only want the "Extra Credit" to count if completed by the student. How can I get this to work in Canvas and still show the student their overall grade for the class?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon  @dchancellor  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Keeping in mind that I do not teach in Canvas (I am a Canvas administrator for our school's Canvas environment), I'm not sure if these resources will help or not, but I wanted to provide them just in case:

How do I calculate extra credit or optional assignments in my Gradebook? 

How do I give extra credit in a course? 

These may just be a starting point for you, but you can also search the Community (How do I search and filter content in the Canvas Community?) more for the words extra credit, and you may find additional topics that might help to answer your question, too.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information...thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon  @dchancellor  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Keeping in mind that I do not teach in Canvas (I am a Canvas administrator for our school's Canvas environment), I'm not sure if these resources will help or not, but I wanted to provide them just in case:

How do I calculate extra credit or optional assignments in my Gradebook? 

How do I give extra credit in a course? 

These may just be a starting point for you, but you can also search the Community (How do I search and filter content in the Canvas Community?) more for the words extra credit, and you may find additional topics that might help to answer your question, too.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information...thanks!

View solution in original post