Failed to create a new item

Jump to solution
taniperalta
Community Explorer

Hi! There are instances when I try to upload an item in the module, a pink dialog box appears saying "Failed to create a new item." It happens when I.m trying to upload video clips. What does it mean? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ns3320
Community Contributor

Hi  @taniperalta ,

This error means that something went wrong with your upload. It could be the file is too large, problems with your browser, or problems with your connection.  @kona ‌ gave some suggestions to fix this issue in another thread, you can check out that conversation here: failed to create new item 

I'm pasting her list to troubleshoot for your convenience:

• Have you tried uploading the PowerPoint to Files and then adding it to your Modules? If this works then definitely contact Canvas Support and let them know because that sounds buggy!
  • Have you checked to see if you have used up all your course space? To check this go to your course Settings --> Course Statistics (button on right side of page) --> File Storage tab. If you've used up all of your space you'd either need to delete somethings or see if your Canvas Admin will up your course limit.
  • Have you tried a different Internet browser? Chrome or Firefox usually are the best.
  • Have you tried a different computer?

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post