cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a1222679
Community Contributor

File Count Userscript

Jump to solution

I installed Canvas-Files-Get_Files.user.js and Greasemonkey and ran it to count the files in a course.  The result was...

This course has these file counts:

application/pdf

image/jpeg

image/png

application/download

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

image/tiff

image/gif

application/msword

video/x-msvideo

application/word

application/vnd.ms-powerpoint

audio/x-wav

Does anyone know what the 17 application/download refers to?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@a1222679 ​,

This isn't user script question, other than it's the one finding it and it might help in tracking down the answer.

It's about MIME types and a quick search popped up a bug report that reminds me of an issue several of us have experienced in Firefox where a PDF file upload doesn't get recognized as a PDF so the inline preview doesn't work: Why do some PDFs not have the preview option when uploaded?

I would start there. If that fails, the next thing I would want to know is which files those were and that might provide insight. You could modify the user script to check for the application/download type and log the filename to the console when it's found.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@a1222679 , this is a question that requires the special expertise of the folks in the Canvas Developers​ group, so I've shared it with them. If you're not yet a member of that group, feel free to join, after which you can post directly to that group if you choose!

a1222679
Community Contributor

Thanks for your help.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm also tagging  @James ​ on this since he's done a lot with Greasemonkey lately.

James
Community Champion

@a1222679 ​,

This isn't user script question, other than it's the one finding it and it might help in tracking down the answer.

It's about MIME types and a quick search popped up a bug report that reminds me of an issue several of us have experienced in Firefox where a PDF file upload doesn't get recognized as a PDF so the inline preview doesn't work: Why do some PDFs not have the preview option when uploaded?

I would start there. If that fails, the next thing I would want to know is which files those were and that might provide insight. You could modify the user script to check for the application/download type and log the filename to the console when it's found.