Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddy_bustaman

Files Accessed and Timestamp

Jump to solution

How would a Teacher be able to see when and which file students accessed on canvas?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @freddy_bustaman .  Have you looked into whether the data available through the access report for an individual student would have the information you need (see How do I view the course access report for an individual user?)?  While this is done one student at a time it should allow the teacher to see what files the student accessed and the last time it was accessed.

Best wishes!

View solution in original post

kblack
Community Champion

@freddy_bustaman  - To add to what Eric has stated above, you may want to check Community Genius  @James ' wonderful Canvancement Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course .  James gives excellent instructions on how to install the browser plug-in necessary to run it, and better yet, it will show the specific files that a student viewed (and when).  I just ran one in a sample course, and you can see results such as this in a CSV/Excel file:

Course report

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @freddy_bustaman ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on February 27, 2018.  It looks like both ericwerth and  @kblack  gave you some great feedback here.  Have you had an opportunity to review their responses?  Did either Eric's or Ken's feedback help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from the Community with your question about student file access and timestamps?  If you feel that either Eric or Ken has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of their replies as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help, please come back to this thread to post a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 28, 2018.  However, that won't stop you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Freddy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @freddy_bustaman .  Have you looked into whether the data available through the access report for an individual student would have the information you need (see How do I view the course access report for an individual user?)?  While this is done one student at a time it should allow the teacher to see what files the student accessed and the last time it was accessed.

Best wishes!

kblack
Community Champion

@freddy_bustaman  - To add to what Eric has stated above, you may want to check Community Genius  @James ' wonderful Canvancement Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course .  James gives excellent instructions on how to install the browser plug-in necessary to run it, and better yet, it will show the specific files that a student viewed (and when).  I just ran one in a sample course, and you can see results such as this in a CSV/Excel file:

Course report

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @freddy_bustaman ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on February 27, 2018.  It looks like both ericwerth and  @kblack  gave you some great feedback here.  Have you had an opportunity to review their responses?  Did either Eric's or Ken's feedback help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from the Community with your question about student file access and timestamps?  If you feel that either Eric or Ken has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of their replies as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help, please come back to this thread to post a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 28, 2018.  However, that won't stop you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Freddy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.