Does Canvas accept file extension .sbq?

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dmcclain ​...

I received some additional information from the Help Desk overnight.

• I just wanted to send you a quick follow-up message to our chat earlier, in case you had any other questions.  After further testing, it looks like just about any file type can be uploaded to a course in Canvas, given that there's storage available to hold it.  Other than that, certain file type won't be able to be previewed within Canvas but here's a list of supported file types that will preview.

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dmcclain ​, I saw that you created the following feature idea - - so I'm guessing that you tested this for yourself and found that .sbq files won't open in Canvas. Is this correct?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dmcclain ​...

I spent a little time chatting with snelson​ from the Instructure Help Desk to see if *.sbq files were allowed in Canavs courses.  Here is his reply to me:

"I haven't run into a file type that can be uploaded to Canvas, as of yet. Rendering a preview of the file would be where the issues come and I think that's where the individual's comment is leaning towards."

He was going to do a bit more research and follow-up with an e-mail to me if he finds anything more.  I'll let you know if/when I hear back from him.

Hope this helps!!!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dmcclain ​...

I received some additional information from the Help Desk overnight.

• I just wanted to send you a quick follow-up message to our chat earlier, in case you had any other questions.  After further testing, it looks like just about any file type can be uploaded to a course in Canvas, given that there's storage available to hold it.  Other than that, certain file type won't be able to be previewed within Canvas but here's a list of supported file types that will preview.

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

dmcclain
Community Participant

Yes that is correct.

David McClain