cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rake_9
Community Champion

Filter too persistent

Description of the Bug:

• Filter remains applied (columns remain hidden) even when you have gone to the View menu and removed the filter option.  (I hope this is a bug and not intended behavior!)

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go to View / Filters / check one or more filter options.  I reproduced with both Modules and Assignment Groups
  2. User filter to limit which columns are displayed.  For example, only 1 of 10 columns displayed
  3. Go to View / Filters / uncheck filter.  Dropdown menus go away.  Only 1 column is displayed.  There is NOTHING to indicate that a filter is in action.
Tags (1)
8 Replies
cwruck
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks for this feedback. We are working on indicators for persistent filters! It's not quite a "bug" cause it's working the right way, we just don't have those indicators in there yet. But they're coming!

leward
Community Contributor

I noticed this when I first started testing.  Seems counterintuitive to leave a specific filter active when the category of filters to which it belongs have been disabled.  Also, doing so requires extra clicks.  

cphillis
Community Participant

@rake_9 ‌

I am having the same issue with my gradebook. I have removed the filters in my gradebook but it seems the filter is still being applied. The only way I can get the entire gradebook for my course back is to go into course settings > Feature Options and turn the New Gradebook off. Once reverted back to the old gradebook I can see all the assignments for the course, however, if I turn the new gradebook feature option back on again I see the filtered gradebook again. I really do think this is a bug.

rake_9
Community Champion

Interesting.  I was able to turn the filtering back on, then undo the filters, then turn filtering back off again to return to normal.

cphillis
Community Participant

Thank you for your help Valerie, you are correct and the mistake was mine. I had turned on the module filtering at some point in my testing, selected a module and then turned module filtering off without selecting all modules! Of course since modules was no longer selected in the filtering drop down I had forgotten about it as I had mostly been looking at section and assignment group filtering! Once I went back in and undid the module selection my entire gradebook appeared. 

rake_9
Community Champion

This is an excellent example of why there needs to be a notification that filters are in place!

cphillis
Community Participant

Totally agree, a reminder would have been extremely helpful!

vanzandt
Community Champion

Yes! Well said!  I hope we see that and a clear all filters button.