Find and Replace

Jump to solution
nancym
Community Explorer

When editing a "page" I would like to "find and replace" in the rich text editor.  Is this feature available?  "ctl-F" only gets me the browser assistance.  

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @nancym  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I am not aware of any "Find and Replace" feature available within the Canvas interface.  However, and I know this is a bit of a work-around, you could use something like the "Notepad" program (Microsoft Notepad - Wikipedia) included with the Windows OS to do this.  You would first need to copy the text from your Canvas page into Notepad.  Then, you can select "Edit" >> "Replace" (or Ctrl+H) to find and replace whatever you want.  Then, paste that text back into your Canvas page.  The downside to this...aside from the obvious copy/paste...is that if you had links in your page and pasted the content into Notepad, you would have to re-create those links once you pasted the text from Notepad back to your Canvas page.

I hope this helps a bit, Nancy.  Sing out if you need any other assistance on this...thanks!

View solution in original post

dd
Community Explorer

This works, thanks.

Note: each 'find' word is highlighted yet each paragraph may have 3 highlighted words and as soon as I replace the 1st of 3 highlighted words in that paragraph, the remaining 2 highlights disappear - so make sure you scope out the other words before you click 'paste'...🤓  

View solution in original post

0 Likes