cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeoffreyWheeler
Community Participant

Fly-out Panel Covers Quiz Build

I begin editing a new quiz from the quiz. Editing a question directs me to the Question Bank and it manifests itself as a panel that pops out from the right side of the screen. I edit the question and click done. The question is updated in the quiz. The right-side pop-out question bank panel does not retract. It covers up part of the build mode of the quiz (see enclosed screen shot). I can scroll through the questions, click on a question and edit the points or be directed to the question bank if I want to edit it. Is this a problem with my Firefox 89.0 64-bit browser? Or is it a bug? Where can I address it and get some resolution?

GeoffreyWheeler_0-1623800050794.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@GeoffreyWheeler 

When working properly, the flyout panel displays an X that allows the user to close/retract the panel. I just tried to replicate this in Chrome and Firefox but could not, so assuming you've already cleared the cache in your browser and have tried a different browser, please use the Help pathway provided by your school to submit a ticket so a member of Canvas Support can have a look. General instructions for contacting Canvas Support are in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

GeoffreyWheeler
Community Participant

When I click the "edit in bank" button, the fly-out panel has the X close button. It is only after I edit and click "done" that it disappears. In Firefox settings, I added an exception for this site to allow pop-ups. I tried this in Chrome and the same thing happens. I have submitted a ticket.

GeoffreyWheeler
Community Participant

I continued to observe and modify my quiz. I deleted some questions and the problem went away. Perhaps my quiz was too long - 8 questions.