cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
u0064587
Community Member

Force the same questions on all attempts for quizzes generated from question banks

Jump to solution

I am administering a short quiz with two attempts. During the first attempt the students will complete the quiz without support (not books / notes). For the second attempt I allow them to use their books / notes. The quiz draws questions from a question bank. I would like it to present the same questions on each attempt; however, it seems that Canvas selects new questions on the second attempt. Is there a way to force Canvas to use the same questions for all attempts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The only way to force this is pull the same number of questions for the quiz that are in the bank. Ex: 50 questions in bank and students get all 50 questions. Otherwise you could add the specific number of questions you want to be on the quiz to the question group (instead of linking). So add 20 questions to the question group and give students all 20 questions.

The downside to these suggestions are that it would mean all students get the same questions. So no randomization in regards to the questions each student gets.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The only way to force this is pull the same number of questions for the quiz that are in the bank. Ex: 50 questions in bank and students get all 50 questions. Otherwise you could add the specific number of questions you want to be on the quiz to the question group (instead of linking). So add 20 questions to the question group and give students all 20 questions.

The downside to these suggestions are that it would mean all students get the same questions. So no randomization in regards to the questions each student gets.

View solution in original post