Forced Into Lockdown Browser When Grading Classic Quizzes

Jump to solution
hancockal
Community Member

When reviewing a students attempt in Classic Quizzes I am rerouted to the lockdown browser. This has only happened on my quizzes that are made in Classic Quiz mode.

I have tried to restart my computer, same thing happens. I have also had this happen to me while on my Chromebook and my personal laptop.

It is frustrating because I have to exit out of the entire tab/application to exit the lockdown browser (for each student I view). This has been ongoing for a couple weeks now.

Any suggestions? (I use classic mode for daily bell work and enter it as a 'practice quiz' so that it does not populate to the grade book resulting in 90 daily grades for bell work. I also have other assignments I have made in classic quiz that I have not transferred over to the new quiz.)

0 Likes
1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Amanda,

I noted that you do not have the lockdown browser requirement enabled for the classic quizzes in your course.  This leads me to believe your institution may have turned it on across the board for all courses at your school.  Have you tried asking your local Canvas admin about this possibility?

View solution in original post