Degraded AWS performance is currently impacting some Canvas users in the North American region. Check Canvas Status for updates.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kym_ellis
Community Participant

Forgot Password Feature

I am having trouble with some students being unable to sign in. When they sign in it doesn't recognise them and when they use the forgot password feature it does not send them the email to create a new password.

I have looked through the solutions to this issue for other people who have asked the same question and am not seeing any solutions that actually resolve this problem. It appears to be a widespread problem that needs attention.

Please help with this matter.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jerry_nguyen
Community Contributor

@kym_ellis 

The email can take some time to arrive and they might end up in Spam as well. You can also set a password for their login by clicking on the Pencil icon next to their login information details

Also, have you checked that there is the Canvas logo next to the student login information?

Canvas_Login.jpg

kym_ellis
Community Participant

Hi Jerry. Thanks for replying. Is the option to set a password available in the FFT version? Also, I don't seem to be able to find the login information section you mention. I can only see the student name and their enrollment status.