Format of Discussion Board

Jump to solution
traciebosket
Community Champion

Hello,

We are piloting Canvas with some instructors. The #1 feedback for improvement of the discussion board. Currently we have it set up that a topic is created and people can only reply directly to the topic. It is just a long list of comments. It is very difficult to find individual posts especially when it is a long post. We really need an organized method (maybe is it a setting thing?). But this is the concept...

Disscussion Boards.jpg

Then you can search for each individual posts on the Topic. Does anyone know how to do that? Or is this for a feature request?

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

traciebosket​, unfortunately, no, you aren't missing a setting in Discussions that will make the different posts more prominent. There is a feature idea for something similar that might be what you are wanting - This feature has already been voted on and commented on by Instructure that "We are focused on some other features right now so I don't expect to make any significant enhancements to discussions during the next six months." My recommendation is to comment on why this idea would be so helpful and follow it so you'll be alerted to any updates.

As a side note, I'm not sure how well it works, but there's at least one person who has figured out an interesting work around for this issue - Canvas Discussion Visual Separation » jinsungpsu

View solution in original post