cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas-rietz
Community Participant

Formula Question Quiz Statistics

I have a formula question in a quiz.  The formula question gives the correct answer.  When students take the quiz, it show whether they got the correct answer.  The quiz appears to give them a point then they get the correct answer.

However, when I pull up quiz statistics, it shows all of the responses to formula questions as "ungraded."  (Below is what it looks like.)  Is there any way to get a frequency of correct vs incorrect?

Thanks.

Tom

Attempts: 15 out of 16

If the variance is 6.59, then the standard deviation is what?. (Enter your answer to two decimal places.)

Ungraded Answers      16 Respondants     100%
12 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@thomas-rietz , I apologize that your question has been sitting out here for so long without a response--but it appears you have the Community stumped! Did you ever get a satisfactory explanation from another source, and if you did, would you take a moment to let us know what it was? In the meantime, I'm going to attempt to enhance the visibility of your question by sharing it with the Teaching Math in Canvas group to see if they have encountered this.

Nope.  So far no answer and no solution. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

This is an interesting question that I haven't come across, have you tried contacting Canvas Support to see if they can explain or better help understand what's going on?

thomas-rietz
Community Participant

Here, they have no idea.  Who else specifically do you recommend contacting?  Thanks.  Tom

We aren't actually Canvas Support, we're just a bunch of regular Canvas users who try to help other users!

To contact Canvas Support you should be able to click on the Help link in Canvas and "Report a Problem." If you don't have that option then I would recommend trying one of the options listed here for your Institution (I just looked it up online so I hope it is correct!) - Contact Us | Information Technology Services

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

As a follow-up did you contact and work with Canvas Support to try to figure this out or did you work with support at your Institution?

matthew_roberts
Community Participant

It is most definitely a kludge, but this is how I do it.

The student analysis button in the quiz analysis view generates a spreadsheet with a decent amount of info about student responses to formula questions. The first click generates the report, the second pulls the spreadsheet.

222377_pastedImage_1.png

This is the spreadsheet it creates.

222380_pastedImage_1.png

The highlighted portion is the student responses to the first formula question from this assessment (1 is correct, 0 is incorrect). To the left is the variable values and calculated answer for that question. This is the data I use for any analysis I do on specific items or concepts (often times pulling data from multiple quizzes into a separate file.) Just be warned that the item analysis button doesn't do anything for formula quizzes.

Hope this helps!

rpeters3
Community Participant

Instructure Support let me know that this is a known issue, but since Quizzes.Next is the current focus of that development team, they don't plan on addressing this in the current Quizzes framework, as it will be addressed as part of the Quizzes.Next release.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @thomas-rietz ‌...

I thought that I would check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since April 18th.  It looks like you've received a few replies here that may have helped to answer your question.  Have you had a chance to review those replies?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your question?  If you feel that one of the above responses helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help, please let us know that by posting a message below so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to help you.  For now, because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost two months, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you, Thomas.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.